With an initial capital base of over $100 million, Square 1 Bank is able to support a venture firm's need for security in keeping with their fiduciary responsibility to their Limited Partners.
Square 1 Bank’s Venture Capital Services practice is comprised of experienced banking professionals whose sole purpose is to meet the unique needs and strategic focus of a venture firm’s Chief Financial Officer—the financial health and resources of the fund, the General Partners and the Management Company.
Our practice is national rather than regional which allows us to provide consistent solutions across a full spectrum of products. Our clients further benefit from our access to a rich national network of firm financial professionals for the sharing of best practices.
We understand, and we can execute with flexibility and speed. We are responsive to the very tight timeframes often required to address the quickly changing financial needs of the firm. Our primary goal is that of adding value to the firm’s CFO and providing them with the tools necessary to meet their goals of enhanced capital efficiency for the LPs.
Further, our experience can assist CFOs with:
- Streamlined treasury management tools with state-of-the-art wire transfer and notification capabilities designed with venture firms in mind
- Highly competitive interest-bearing deposit options with safety and security as the foremost concern
- Traditional bridging of capital call lines to enhance capital efficiencies
- Management of timing differences between receipt of management fees and expenses
- Creative solutions for General Partner entity contributions
- Innovative structures to solve dry powder issues
- Ideas to assist during lengthened fundraising timeframes between funds
- Products to finance fundraising expenses between funds
The Venture Firm's Chief Financial Officer is our primary focus.
To speak with someone directly about our Venture Capital Services, our national team is here to serve you:
Judith Erwin, Executive Vice President
Barbara Fleming, SVP, VCS Manager
Leslie Smith, Senior Vice President, West Coast
Kay Parry, Senior Vice President, Mid Atlantic, New York + New England
Bonnie Kennedy, Senior Vice President, Silicon Valley
Michael Fulton, AVP, VCS Client Manager
Josh Cashwell, AVP, VCS Client Manager
If you are an existing client, please contact Marcia Darrin for specialized client service support.