Square 1 Bank’s Venture Capital Services practice is comprised of experienced banking professionals whose sole purpose is to meet the unique needs and strategic focus of a venture firm’s Chief Financial Officer—the financial health and resources of the fund, the General Partners and the Management Company.
Our national practice allows us to provide consistent solutions across a full spectrum of products. Our clients further benefit from our access to a rich national network of firm financial professionals for the sharing of best practices.
We understand, and we can execute with flexibility and speed. We are responsive to the very tight timeframes often required to address the quickly changing financial needs of the firm. Our primary goal is that of adding value to the firm’s CFO and providing them with the tools necessary to meet their goals of enhanced capital efficiency for the LPs.
Further, our experience can assist CFOs with:
- Streamlined treasury management tools with state-of-the-art wire transfer and notification capabilities designed with venture firms in mind
- Highly competitive interest-bearing deposit options with safety and security as the foremost concern
- Traditional bridging of capital call lines to enhance capital efficiencies
- Management of timing differences between receipt of management fees and expenses
- Creative solutions for General Partner entity contributions
- Innovative structures to solve dry powder issues
- Ideas to assist during lengthened fundraising timeframes between funds
- Products to finance fundraising expenses between funds
The Venture Firm's Chief Financial Officer is our primary focus.
To speak with someone directly about our Venture Capital Services, our national team is here to serve you:
Judith Erwin, Executive Vice President
Barbara Fleming, SVP, VCS Manager
Bonnie Kennedy, SVP, Bay Area
Brad Smith, SVP, Bay Area
Kay Parry, SVP, Mid Atlantic, New York + New England
Svetlana Lebedeva, SVP, Early Stage Venture Focus
Michael Fulton, AVP, VCS Client Manager
Josh Cashwell, AVP, VCS Client Manager
If you are an existing client, please contact Marcia Darrin for specialized client service support.