Under the Federal Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) evaluates Square 1 Bank's record of helping to meet the credit needs of this community consistent with safe and sound operations. The FDIC also takes this record into account when deciding on certain applications submitted by Square 1 Bank. Your involvement is encouraged.
- You are entitled to certain information about Square 1 Bank's operations and our performance under the CRA, including, for example, information about our branches, such as their location and services provided at them; the public section of our most recent CRA Performance Evaluation, prepared by the FDIC; and comments received from the public relating to our performance in helping to meet community credit needs, as well as our responses to those comments. You may review this information today.
- At least 30 days before the beginning of each quarter, the FDIC publishes a nationwide list of the banks that are scheduled for CRA examination in that quarter. This list is available from the Regional Director, Atlanta Regional Office, Division of Supervision and Consumer Protection, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, 10 Tenth Street, NE, Suite 800, Atlanta Georgia 30309-3906.
- You may send written comments about our performance in helping to meet community credit needs to the FDIC Regional Director or to Square 1 Bank's CRA Officer:
Square 1 Bank
Attn: CRA Officer
406 Blackwell Street, Suite 240
Durham, NC 27701
Your letter, together with any response by us, will be considered by the FDIC in evaluating our CRA performance and may be made public.
- You may ask to look at any comments received by the FDIC Regional Director.
- You also may request from the FDIC Regional Director an announcement of our applications covered by the CRA filed with the FDIC.
Square 1 Bank is an affiliate of Square 1 Financial, Inc., a bank holding company. You may request from the Officer in Charge of Supervision, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, 701 East Byrd Street, Richmond, Virginia 23219 an announcement of applications covered by the CRA filed by bank holding companies.