1 Bank Everything is handled through Square 1 Bank. Your large deposit is broken into smaller amounts and placed with other banks that are members of a special network. Then, those member banks issue CDs in amounts under the $250,000, so that your entire investment is eligible for FDIC insurance. By working with just one bank – Square 1 – you can receive insurance from many.
1 Rate You earn one rate on your entire investment – so you can forget about multiple rate negotiations and the need to consolidate multiple disbursement checks.
1 Statement You receive one regular account statement listing all of your CDs, along with their issuing banks, maturity dates, interest earned, and other details. With CDARS, there’s no need to manually consolidate statements, track changing collateral values, or use private surety bonds. It’s that simple.
How it Works
- You enter into one agreement. You sign simple CD Placement Agreements with us.
- You select an interest rate and a maturity. Based on our current CD options, you decide on a rate and a maturity that best matches your investment goals.
- Funds are deposited. Using CDARS, we submit your funds for placement at member banks.
- CDs are issued. Member banks issue CDs in denominations under $250,000 so your entire investment is eligible for full FDIC insurance coverage.
- Confirmation is received. You receive written confirmation of your deposits and a listing of all of your CDs.
A weekly placement deadline is every Tuesday by 4:00 pm Eastern; rates subject to change.
Funds may be submitted for placement only after a depositor enters into a CDARS Deposit Placement Agreement with us. The agreement contains important information and conditions regarding the placement of funds by us. CDARS and Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service are registered service marks of Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC.